CARAMELIZED WHITE CHOCOLATE FUDGE - Just 2 ingredients!
Updated: May 10, 2021
This 2 ingredient fudge is amazingly simple, deliciously creamy and fudgy (obviously, hence the name :p), involves no baking, and also makes for a great gift! It is like a blank canvas, you can customize it with flavours and toppings of your choice. What more do you need in a dessert?
Ingredients [16 pieces]:
250gm caramelized white chocolate
200gm (half tin) condensed milk*
A pinch of salt
CARAMELIZED WHITE CHOCOLATE-
1. Chop up white chocolate and put in a microwave-safe bowl.
2. Start microwaving it in intervals of 20-30 seconds, stirring well each time.
3. After 3-4 minutes, you'll notice that the chocolate starts becoming lumpy and grainy, but that's okay, that is what is supposed to happen. Stir it well and it'll be all smooth and uniform again.
4. Continue this process till you achieve a pretty light golden colour (like in the video below).
1. Line a 6inch x 6inch square tin with parchment paper.
2. Melt caramelized white chocolate along with condensed milk and salt in a microwave or over a double boiler**.
3. Once melted, combine them well. (Make sure to not overmix or it will separate)
4. Now this is where you go totally crazy with the flavours and toppings. Add in chopped up Oreos, dried cranberries and pistachios, nuts of your choice, rainbow sprinkles, or absolutely anything!
5. Pour this into the prepared tin and level it out with a spatula and add even more toppings on the top. Press them down lightly.
6. Let it cool down to room temperature and then set into the refrigerator for a minimum of 2 hours.
7. When it's set firmly, cut into 16 squares. Or even 9. But mind you, these tiny squares are heavy!
- **Double boiler- Take around 2 inches of water in a large pot and place it over a stovetop, letting the water simmer. Now take another heat-proof bowl and place it over the pot with water, making sure the water doesn't touch the pot above. Now place your chopped up chocolate into the bowl to melt it down gently.
- If you do not wish to caramelize your white chocolate, you can simply use white chocolate.
- *You can make your own condensed milk by taking 1L milk and 200gm sugar in a large pot, and place it over medium low flame. When it starts to boil, add a pinch of baking soda and let it simmer over low flame for around 20-30 mins, whisking it every 1-2 mins, until it starts to thicken and reduces to 1/3rd. (Do not over thicken it, it gets a lot thicker while cooling down.)
- You can cut down approx. 50gm of condensed milk if you prefer it less sweet.
- Stays great in refrigerator in an airtight container for over a month.
Do give it a try and let us know in the comments below what other amazing flavours are you going to recreate.