PINEAPPLE BAKED YOGURT
You know those days when you're feeling super lazy, and also craving for a good dessert (well, I have a lot of those days :p), but don't know what to bake? This easy-peasy 3-ingredient dessert is here to your rescue - rich, creamy, melt-in-the-mouth kinda. The easiest to whip up. And requires no skills.
Ingredients [2-3 servings]:
100gm hung curd (curd hung in a cheesecloth overnight)
100gm condensed milk
100gm fresh cream
Few drops of pineapple essence
Small chunks of pineapple and mint sprig for garnish
1. Loosen the hung curd slightly by whisking it until lump-free.
2. Add in condensed milk and fresh cream to it, and combine well.
3. Lastly, add in few drops of pineapple essence.
4. Pour the mixture in any shape and size of bowls (just make sure they are oven-safe).
5. Place these bowls in a bigger tray filled with boiling water. This is called creating a water bath, and what this does is ensures even baking and prevents cracking of yogurt on top.
6. Place in a pre-heated oven at 160°C for roughly 30-35 mins. You know it's done when you touch the top and it doesn't stick to your finger and a skewer inserted inside it, comes out almost clean.
7. Let it cool at room temperature, then refrigerate it. Because it's best enjoyed chilled. Garnish with fresh pineapple chunks and mint sprig.
- If pineapple isn't your thing, try raspberry, strawberry, blueberry, orange, mango, chocolate or even just plain vanilla. There's no limit!
- Do not worry if you don't have an oven. You can bake it on stove top too. Just fill a deep pan with boiling water, place your bowls (covered with aluminum foil) inside and cover the pan with a tight lid. Keep the burner on a medium-low flame and let it cook for about 30-35 mins.
- Keep refilling the water bath. Super important!
You know, this is the kind of dessert your mom is absolutely going to love. We know it's a little late for Mothers' Day now, but c'mon, real surprise is on unexpected days!